Porsche Boxster - Replacing Porsche boxster with 4 seat car? - Scoobie Doo
I have a lovely boxster 2008 but my daughters start school soon and I need to find something with four seats. My wife drives a Lexus rx400h as the main family car. The second car will only cover 4000 miles a year. I also like something a but different I have loved my boxster and I have started to look around but nothing ticks all the boxes. I have driven the Mini Cooper D but found the ride very firm even compared to the Porsche and they are not cheap. Budget is circa 14 to 15k got to have ideally Leather and Bluetooth. Looked at Audi a1 think its a expensive polo. I would love to reduce my running costs so lower circa band c or below road tax is ideal. I also saw the DS3 but I still think it's a French car which I think will lose money and fall apart. So I need a small fun bit different with 4 seats nippy performance with a few toys on. Any ideas?
Porsche Boxster - Replacing Porsche boxster with 4 seat car? - Ed V

How about an Audi TT? I'd guess they last well, depending on usage, and are small enough to be good fun with a 1.8 petrol. a 5 year old one with 30,000 miles would be a bargain I reckon.

Porsche Boxster - Replacing Porsche boxster with 4 seat car? - Avant

An interesting one: there aren't enough fun, cheap-to-run cars on the market (although the Mini is cheaper than it looks as it holds its value so well).

If the TT hasn't got enough room for the girls, a secondhand Golf GTI or hot Focus certainly would. But for your budget you could get a Suzuki Swift Sport: I haven't tried one but reports (the latest in this week's Auto Express) heap praise on it for the quality of nippiness that you're after.

Porsche Boxster - Replacing Porsche boxster with 4 seat car? - Collos25

Why not get another Porsche one of the big 4x4 models they are fetching ridiculously low prices for early ones

Porsche Boxster - Replacing Porsche boxster with 4 seat car? - TeeCee

They're ridiculously cheap for a reason.

They're also ridiculously expensive to fix when the various bits start giving up.

Porsche Boxster - Replacing Porsche boxster with 4 seat car? - Happy Blue!

Nissan Juke DigT - 190bhp turbo and 4x4 with the CVT.

Porsche Boxster - Replacing Porsche boxster with 4 seat car? - TeeCee

The TT is a 2+2 at best.

Skoda Octavia vRS? In effect a TT with a 5 door hatch body dropped on it....

Porsche Boxster - Replacing Porsche boxster with 4 seat car? - Bobbin Threadbare

The TT is a 2+2 at best.

Skoda Octavia vRS? In effect a TT with a 5 door hatch body dropped on it....

Agreed. TT is only a 4 seater if you chop the legs off the rear passengers.

How about a hot hatch? I saw a Focus ST estate on the motorway the other day (afraid I drove up his backside a bit to have a good look at it) and it's a very good looking car and they go like stink.

Mazdaspeed 3. Honda Civic Type R.

Audi A5 - looks sporty and they are very nice, but you can fit 4 in comfortably.