peugeot 306 - my 306 has developed a stutter - mattwb

whilst driving ive noticed an intermittant loss of power abit like when you'rerunning out of fuel then it drives fine for a bit then does it again and got worse recently then clear up for a bit then came back but this time when it happened was accompanied by a sound that i can only describe as very similar to that of driving along the rumble strip on the motorway but if you push your foot down on the accelerator and speed up it clears for a bit, obviously its a fueling issue of some sort but was wondering how to sort it out as never had peugeots before and new to them

oh dont know if it makes a difference to the solution but its a 1.9 diesel meridian estate

peugeot 306 - my 306 has developed a stutter - Peter.N.

Has the fuel filter been changed lately?

just like to say thank you for response peter, having looked through the paperwork that came with it im not sure if it has been done recently was supposed to have been serviced before i picked it up.. will take a look, and the noise is that related,

Edited by mattwb on 31/01/2013 at 08:47

peugeot 306 - my 306 has developed a stutter - Peter.N.

I can't really see a connection with the noise but if the filter is blocked it can lead to fuel starvation which cause hessitation. The Hdi's can suffer with oil filter noise but if yours is an XUD I can't really make a connection.

Edited by Peter.N. on 31/01/2013 at 12:47