Peugeot 406 hdi - Peugeot 406 hdi fuel flap not open - kuntics1

Dear All

i already tried to fix my fuel flap but just had no time but today i found one at scrap yard.Only thing i not sure that i need only just the door itself or i might need the hole unit if that,not even sure how is that comes as unit? Or what it contains as unit?

Just checked again cable not need as i pull the trigger inside i can see a little pin moving to lock the fuel door so that`s ok but still not flip out when try to open.Looks ok nothing is broken as i see but this is soo annoying that cannot open from inside the car.

Also i found a guy he said can fix it for 50£ plus part i think that`s a bit too much part is about 10-15£ at scrap yard.

As always any help much appreciated or any experience from any of you that had same problem.

Robin i count on you mate!

thanks,Kuntics1

Peugeot 406 hdi - Peugeot 406 hdi fuel flap not open - Robin the Technician

Hi,

The problem is with the fuel cap. If you look to see where the pin comes out, it pushes on a small 90 degree bracket moulded onto the back of the flap. This, like mine, has broken and is probably still there but bends everytime you use the lever (its not yet fully broken off). The only solution is to replace the flap itself. From memory its only a slide in pin and dead easy to do. When I bought my new flap from the Dealer it was only £20 odd so quite cheap.

Hope this helps

Robin the Technician - I fix, therefore I am

hi Robin

thanks for fast reply just about to finish work then i`ll go to see scrap yard and see what they say if it`s too much i`ll try dealer but not sure abot price because last time i asked they wanted to charge me 150£ for parts and labour so i left them.Anyway will see i think it has to be quite easy but i cannot see anything is broken.

So you reckon all i need is just a flap not like the hole unit still not sure how can come as unit anyway will see.

Keep posted the news

many thanks Robin

kuntics1

Hi,

Yes, I'm confident enough to say just the cover flap (or door) whatever you want to call it. When I got mine the dealer said it was a common problem. I'm certain that its just a vertical pin that knocks out and the cover comes off.

Good luck

Hi Robin

just found one flap from breaking car what should i see on it? asking 10£ sounds good

i mean does it have any sign for a right one maybe i buy one and that is the same if i change it,so how do i know the fule flap will be good?

i still cannot see anything on flap inside but i see a little metal pin on base, not on door itself left hand side top corner. my car 2002 hdi is any changes in models?

anyway i already ordered it so will see when it`s arrived also can i change it myself?

garage want to charge me 50£ i think that`s too much looks like 10-15min.job if you know how to remove it / change it

As far as I can remember it is a very simple job of sliding the pin out and removing the door. I don't know if there is any difference rh or lh...... as we use rhd cars in the UK.

Godd luck fixing it - I'm sure you can do it with a little patience.

Robin the Technician - i fix, therefore I am

Hi Robin

some reason just hard to find this flap so i went to local dealer but there`s 2 option.

1.buy just the flap itself or 2. buy the unit they said the piece that is on the car

should i buy both cost 40£ brand new or just take the flap and change it? even if i have to buy both part not expensive just to make sure the door will open as i cannot see anything broken

thanks

Ok??? not sure what the dealer is on about. I think you need first to establish that when you pull the lever on the floor the pin comes out. Do this with the flap open (you may need someone to pull the lever while you watch it. If the pin does come out then look at the back of the flap to see what the pin push's onto. On mine it was line a small 90 degree bracket as part of the moulding. It was still attached (just about) however when you pushed on it, it just folded in as it was only hanging on by a thread. I tried gluing it but it would not glue - hence I needed a new one. the part you want is the oblong flap that covers the fuel filler. It is moulded plastic and will need painting as mine did.

Hope this helps

hi all

finally done cannot believe it so much headache for this liitle thing.

so i was "lucky " after 2 months i was able to fix it,i didn`t need to buy a new flap because i looked over and over again if any litte part is broken or something but were all fine,then checked the trigger inside of car so i pulled it and the little pin moved as it should but did not flip out a flap.

so the mechanic put a little plastic on top of left hand corner screw that hold a bit firm the flap but not out too much,and guess what ,when tried the trigger it WORKED!!

i couldn`t believe it and it still good cannot see anything i mean not look nasty or doggy because a little plactic covers a one of the screw.

for me this was a result because once again i had nothing broken from flip but anyone else might have other broken parts there but you can see those.

hope that help for some of you,guys

thanks

Peugeot 406 hdi - Peugeot 406 hdi fuel flap not open - andysal1959

Hi Kuntics1

I had the same problem cheapest and quickest way clean INSIDE fuel flap door then get your car cleaning spunge cut off a two ins block then with double sided tape stick the sponge inside fuel flap door so the sponge is trapped between the fuel cap and the flap door it. Close the door flap and pull leaver inside car The sponge will force the door flap open job done yepee.

the car is getting on so its a cheap fix it would be new door if the car was newer and worrth it.

Drive safe Andy