Jeep Cherokee 2.5 diesel 1997 - Immobiliser intermittant - driving me mad! - forestgate

OK, most of the time it works fine. I unlock the car with the central locking buttons. This works fine. I then get in and put key in ignition. I have this other lttle fob thing with some brass looking connections that I put in the slot near the key. Hold in for 5 seconds until the red light stops flashing and on removal my dash lights up. I can then start the car - the car will not start without me putting the fob into the slot - no matter how quick I am.

I have no problem getting the dash to light up at all - but sometimes the car will not start, it doesnt turn over the engine at all - just nothing. It can then take me 20 minutes of keep trying to get it to start. When it does start its fine! Any ideas of what can be causing the problem?

Thanks.

Jeep Cherokee 2.5 diesel 1997 - Immobiliser intermittant - driving me mad! - elekie&a/c doctor

The other small fob is very likely to be an aftermarket immobiliser add-on system.If this has intermittant operation ,then this could be the cause of your problem. It is very possible that this system could be removed and disconnected.hth