Ford Mondeo 1.8 petrol zetec 2004 53 plate - Ford Mondeo Aircon problem - kfrs

I have a problem with my climate control when i restart the car it only blows out cold air at very best just off cold, I have to do a system reset on the ETAC for it to kick in and blow warm/hot air out. I have changed the internal temperarture sensor ( the was only code that came up, once) but this has not cured it. Can i test the sensor out of the car? I would be greatful for advice, thanks

Ford Mondeo 1.8 petrol zetec 2004 53 plate - Ford Mondeo Aircon problem - elekie&a/c doctor

I doubt if the sensor is at fault.There should be an aspirator fan attached to it ,does this work?The fault is more likely to be associated with a low voltage supply to the climate panel that can cause the system to lock up.You may have a possible battery issue.Hot/cold blend flap servo actuator can also cause this problem.hth

The climate panel appears to work ok except that you have do a reset to get warm air out, once reset the hot/cold flap seems to work ok, could this still be faulty? I put new battery on the car in May 2012, but this issue has got worse over the last 4 months, until now when i have to reset it every time i start the car or i freeze. IF i disconncet the battery will this reset the system?

Ford Mondeo 1.8 petrol zetec 2004 53 plate - Ford Mondeo Aircon problem - elekie&a/c doctor

I would disconnect battery and reset the system calibration.Are you using this method;www.scottishmondeoforum.com/knowledge/kb_show.php?...9

yes that is the method i have to use to get heat out of the system. Ill try and siconnect the battery when i get chance

Ive tried disconnecting the battery and done a system reset. No change i still have do a system reset to get heat out after i start the car.