peugeot 306 2.0 hdi y reg . - engine just stopped on motorway. - raysheppard

hi i was driving on th motor on saturday night been going for about 20 miles and the car lost power it dropped to 2 ,000 revs then stopped completely .the rac guy said it was a timing belt problem ,gave me 3 codes p1109.p1138.p1521 .the engine turns over trying to fire but wont start .we have checked the timing and its peg up fine ,there is no diesel coming from the injectors or the high presure pump but have diesel at the filter .we have scand it and got this code p0230 .could it be the high presure pump or electrical problem ..thanks ray .

peugeot 306 2.0 hdi y reg . - engine just stopped on motorway. - Peter.N.

Does it have an in tank fuel pump? If so you should be able to hear it run for a second or so when you turn the ignition on, if it has and it doesn't, that could be your trouble.

You really need the fault codes read with a 'Lexia' diagnostic machine, if you go on to the 'French Car Forum' you may find someone near you has one.

hi ,yes it has a pump in the tank ,i have fuel pumping up to high pressure pump now but no pressure and i have diesel at the injectors but no pressure and just putting the ignition on .

peugeot 306 2.0 hdi y reg . - engine just stopped on motorway. - Peter.N.

It sounds as though the injectors are not opening, could be due to a faulty crankshaft/camshaft sensor.

peugeot 306 2.0 hdi y reg . - engine just stopped on motorway. - mickeybo

What engine code does your car run on rhz or rhy can be found on engine vin no the 6-7-8 of the vin no Regards Mickeybo

peugeot 306 2.0 hdi y reg . - engine just stopped on motorway. - elekie&a/c doctor

You really need to know the actual fuel rail pressure before going any further.There needs to be a minimum of 150 bar before the engine will even attempt to fire up.hth

hi ,thanks for your help .the engine is RHY , the fuel pressure thats coming from the the rail is only from the lift pump in the tank .its going straight through the high pressure pump .i think the high pressure pump may have broken up inside and isnt creating any pressure .is that possible?.also i dont think the cam sensor would stop the main pump from working .thanks ray.