Citroen Xsara Picasso - citroen xsara picasso electrical mystery? - drummerboy

hi all. here's a tricky one. my 2006 citroen xsara picasso has a start problem. it will start and run perfectly time after time then as soon as i plug the sat nav or phone charger or anything else into the cigarette lighter i have problems. the car will continue to run but as soon as i stop the car it wont start again. all i get when i turn the key is a click, the engine wont turn over at all just a click then i have to bump start the car to get it going, once i bump it it will start every time again. can anyone help??

Citroen Xsara Picasso - citroen xsara picasso electrical mystery? - elekie&a/c doctor

I really can't see any connection between the power socket and a non start condition.But if it goes with a bump start,that tends to suggest there is a problem with the battery and needs to be tested along with the charging circuit.hth

thank you for your reply. i found something else today, when it wont start i cant even jump it with battery leads, it has to be bump started.

Citroen Xsara Picasso - citroen xsara picasso electrical mystery? - elekie&a/c doctor

If it is a diesel,then you are unlikely to start it from another battery and (probably) inadequate jump leads.Have you had the battery tested yet?

it was the battery! thanks for your help sir