Renault Megane - Check Injection - Siggsy

Hello,

I wonder if someone can help. I have a problem with my Renault Megane (2004 2Litre) a few times I have had an issue with the car starting. The car does fire up but as soon as you take your foot off the gas the engine cuts out. The yellow service light and Check injection message appears. This is intermittant but has happened three time in the past week. There is a strong smell of petrol when this happens. The garage I have taken it too thought it may be a wiring problem however I have had this looked at and all appears to be ok, they have mentioned it may be a faulty Map Sensor, however they cannot guarantee this will resolve the issue. Any ideas? The RAC found fault codes 79 and 89.

Thanks

Renault Megane - Check Injection - Collos25

A faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor would through up these faults.

Renault Megane - Check Injection - Siggsy

Forgot to mention, when the car starts without the problem it runs fine, it does not cut out once driving.

Renault Megane - Check Injection - Moggie939

Hi

I am new to this forum. My Megane Scenic 53 plate had exactly this problem. When it did start ok it ran ok - then next time it had problems starting. It was fixed by replacing the Crankshaft TDA and a small associated cable - total cost £70.00 at main dealer.

Good Luck

Moggie