Peugeot 308 1.6 HDI 90 hp. - 308 Regular maintenance question - koliva
Hi all,

I had Peugeot 307 petrol and I could change oil, oil filter, air filter, interior filter, spark plugs etc. by myself. I have never gone to a garage for maintenance so far. Now I bought 2010 model Peugeot 308 1.6 HDI 90 Hp. I have never used diesel car neither its maintenance. Could you please help me about it?

For example, I couldn't locate the diesel fuel filter? Where is it? Do I need any special tool for that? My car is not 37000 km. and I want to change is soon. Air filter + interior filter are easier. Could you please also tell me if the oil change procedure is the same in this car? I couldn't look deeper but is the location of the oil filter same in this car in comparison with my previous car?

Thanks.
Peugeot 308 1.6 HDI 90 hp. - 308 Regular maintenance question - gordonbennet

Oil filter ISTR is just under the induction air pipes, to the right hand side of the engine as you lift the bonnet, you have to remove the air ducting which being French is extremely brittle and prone to breaking, best done on a warm day or in a warm garage.

Fuel filter is behind the oil filter, it should have a heater which you can remove from your old filter and refit to the new, seems a bit fiddly but it does work, do not be conned into paying over £70 for a filter with a heater already attached, even without the filter is not cheap, i think it was around £35 for a good make pattern part from a factor.

This was the situation on our 1.6D Citroen, Pug version should be similar.

Its not partcularly hard to do but if its your first time with a Diesel this is not the easiest filter change to learn with, suggest you enlist the help of someone who's worked on Diesels before to help you.

Most important to check the primer works properly before removing the old filter, will be extremely difficult to prime the new filter if that bellows has failed, its across the back of the engine.

Peugeot 308 1.6 HDI 90 hp. - 308 Regular maintenance question - Cyd

20 quid on a Haynes manual would be money well spent.