sprinter 311 cdi - Where do i stand with a Red Diesel situation ?? - EVOMX250

Can anyone help or advise me on my next best decision after a so called family friend borrowed my sprinter motorhome and filled the tank up with red diesel without asking me for permission.

I have trawled the internet and can see that a hefty fine (£500 FIRST OFFENCE) , vehicle impounded , cost to store and recover vehicle plus a calculation that all the mileage expended in that vehicle since I was the legal owner will have the fuel duty charged against...approx 35kmiles in the last 5 years.

The tank will be drained and only white diesel used from now on... however how many tanks of white is needed to wash out the red dye / chemical residue found in agri red diesel ? Some say 3 tanks of white to one tank of red... Does anyone have any ideas ?

I have also read that I could admit to HMRC that red has been used in error , admit the amount of miles travelled in vehicle on red and than pay the excess fuel duty...A form from the Post Office ?? HMRC / VoSA will of course want to know where the red came from , impicating the "family friend" as a possible duty tax evader and checks carried out on all his diesel vehicles (he is a motor trader who used red in industrial space heaters . spray booths).

Can anyone advise ??

sprinter 311 cdi - Where do i stand with a Red Diesel situation ?? - thunderbird

Why post the thread here when you have already posted it on Legal earlier today and had answers.

Same people read both sections.

Or did you not like what you were told.

sprinter 311 cdi - Where do i stand with a Red Diesel situation ?? - EVOMX250

New to this website , after posting in Legal section , there was no visible replies for quite a while so i wondered if I had a successful posting , hence a retry in Motoring discussions. Ihave since logged off and reconnected to the site and can now see the answers- Thank you to all who have replied.

Please accept my apologies if a double posting has disturbed your day.....If I did not want advice from experienced public , I would not have posted.