peugeot 406 hdi - peugeot 406 heating problem for leg - kuntics1

hi all

looks like many small issues i have my recently bought peugeot 406

as cold came just realised heating is quite weak on foot,all heating is fine get hot quckly and blows good all over but when i try to put full on legs not quite good.

even checked the place where the heat come just about gearbox but very gentle breez flow even 2-3-4 stage i put the vent

is this all good i mean shouldn`t be some stronger?

i feel my legs soo cold as not enough or not strong enough heat comes out

is any way to improve this or i have to live with it like this?

guys you know all about peugeot i got very good help to my other problems so as usual any help is much apreciated that brings me closer to a good result.

i really enjoy this car so far my first peugeot 406 but find these little problems much more difficult and pain to cure it than changeing any parts on car and hard to find a good mechanic to fix it

thanks,kuntics1

Edited by kuntics1 on 15/01/2013 at 00:36

peugeot 406 hdi - peugeot 406 heating problem for leg - elekie&a/c doctor

First item I would check is the cabin/pollen filter.It is situated in the scuttle panel .on passenger side,below windscreen ,under a plastic cover.These often get overlooked on a service.

hi

do you mean i need to replace this filter if it`s too bad?this one is similar as air filter i believe

do you think this will resolve weak heting problem for leg? or getting closer ?

anyway i have a look today and will you update

thanks

peugeot 406 hdi - peugeot 406 heating problem for leg - dieselnut

Try removing the pollen filter & see if the airflow improves.

peugeot 406 hdi - peugeot 406 heating problem for leg - Peter.N.

I don't really understand the question unless yours has a different heating system to mine. My 2001 Hdi GLX only has three positions on the heater control, one is for feet, one for the centre vents and one for screen.

I find that the maximum ammount of heat comes from the centre vents which can be directed downward so it blows on the top of your legs, I have never been able to get much heat out of the floor level vents unless you shut the centre ones off, and then its still not all that good.

You can do a rough check on the pollen filter by switching it to 'recirculate' that bypasses the filter but will quickly steam the inside up.

hi Gents

i just changed pollen filter but not really much difference should i keep it off?

not sure i can use without filter can i?

Peter N i have 2002 110hdi glx i think same as yours same 3 position to adjust also find max heat comes from centre vents which is good and heat well but i just want some more or better vents on floor level.it`s a big difference between centre and floor vents heat by quality.foor vents like a little breeze does very little effort centre is proper storm if you know i mean so just wondering is any way to improve floor level vens?

i tried to shut down all vents and put all power to legs but then just steam up inside specially when it`s rains.i guess not much i can do about his one french guys just did not think about better floor heating or they have a country more warm he-he

anyway much appreciated all your help guys if any problem just come again

thanks

Edited by kuntics1 on 16/01/2013 at 12:52

I think that's just the way they are, I have the centre vents blasting away on me until I start to get warm and then shut them almost down so there is still a little heat on my hands and very slowly my feet get warm.

Most cars seem to have some anomaly with the heating system, the only one that works really well is the dual system on the C5, you can actually shut the centre vnts off from the control.

hi Peter.N

i think the same i tried all variation but none really works so i just use centre till it get`s warm than put on legs but the only problem with this my feet just freezing till centre warm up the car.

i believe it`s a bit unprofessional to place the floor vents to close to seats should be more deep where the pedals are so like that even the genle vents warm up legs

no worries i thought someone know a good trick or my car has any problem on heating because i just feel it too gentle

thanks mate all the best

Electrically heated socks.