Renault Scenic 1600 16v - Timing order - davesaw

I need help with the timing on my Scenic. Do you set it up front to back? Also what is the timing order. I have changed all the valves, set it up to the book.I think the timing is out of order as there is no compression to fire.

Renault Scenic 1600 16v - Timing order - injection doc

There is a special tool kit for 16 v renaults and without its most unlikley you will time correctley other than just continue to do further damage.

The crank has to be locked and I think at 90 degress. Its a while since I have done one but used to do many after someone else had had a go first.

Renault Scenic 1600 16v - Timing order - Collos25

ID is correct you have no chance without the proper tools to set the cam and crank you should be very careful or you will undo all the work you have done.

Renault Scenic 1600 16v - Timing order - davesaw

I have the Renault tools the timing tool kit. Can you tell me if you set the firing order from front engine to the back or is it back to front. You can set the cam in four posititions and Im stuck as to what to do next. Thanks for your help. Sharron

Renault Scenic 1600 16v - Timing order - elekie&a/c doctor

On Renaults,no 1 cylinder is gearbox end.If you have the crankshaft locking pin engaged and the rear of the camshafts locked with the tool,then I can really see a problem.hth