Nissan micra k11 1999 - Near side headlight not working - jibblerat
Hi

I have a problem with my near side headlight. Basically it isn't coming on. I've checked the bulb and fuse, both in good order. There's 12v present at the fuse but not at the bulbs connector. There doesn't appear to be a continuity problem. I'm wondering if it's the stalk switch at fault (the main beam works on the affected headlight)

Would I be right in thinking the voltage goes through the fuse, through the switch and then to the bulb?

Also: pathetic question, but how do I shift the covers on the steering column? I've had a brief look around and can't see any obvious screw mounts.

Any help, suggestions or wiring diagrams would be great :)
Nissan micra k11 1999 - Near side headlight not working - Chris M

Unless someone comes along here with specific knowledge of a Micra K11 fault, I think your best bet may be getting hold of a Haynes manual. Check out your library.

If the RHS headlamp is working OK, then I think you can assume all is OK with the stalk. Can you trace the wiring from the faulty headlamp back to the fuse. It could be a dodgy connector. There will also be a relay in there somewhere, so the stalk isn't connected directly to the headlamp.

Nissan micra k11 1999 - Near side headlight not working - Peter.N.

I had the same problem with a Peugeot 406 and without taking the car apart I couldn't find the fault in the wiring, I resolved it by fitting a relay energised from the working light to operate the faulty one.

Nissan micra k11 1999 - Near side headlight not working - McP

A fault in the dim/dip unit

www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?...3

Before knowing about the dim/dip unit, I fixed the same fault by using to relays that fed from the offside headlight.

Edited by McP on 29/12/2012 at 12:54