Citroen C5 - citroen - unlucky or not

had the car from new, less then 2 years old 15,000 miles on the clock. On the dual carriageway, clutch failed. Car towed back to main dealer who said it was not covered under the warranty and i had to pay £650 as it was considered to be "drivers misuse". Only 2 days before i had it in the dealership for its service. Surely this cannot be right.

Citroen C5 - citroen - SteveLee

I would have thought the onus would be on them to prove misuse. After trying the usual channels - customer service etc. - I'd be inclined to try a small claims case.

Citroen C5 - citroen - pd

They're right in the sense that clutches are not included in warranties,

However, try and establish exactly what has failed. Although the clutch plate is not covered if some other part such as the hydraulics has failed then I would push for them to cover it. At this age I would have thought it is more likely to be a sudden failure of the clutch mechanism rather than the physical clutch plate its self.

Citroen C5 - citroen - 72 dudes

had the car from new, less then 2 years old 15,000 miles on the clock. On the dual carriageway, clutch failed. Car towed back to main dealer who said it was not covered under the warranty and i had to pay £650 as it was considered to be "drivers misuse". Only 2 days before i had it in the dealership for its service. Surely this cannot be right.

Also consider getting one of the car mags involved - What Car? seem to get reasonable success for consumers in these matters.

As a minimum, Citroen should pay £325 as a goodwill gesture, but as others say, get the parts inspected and see why they failed.

Citroen C5 - citroen - barney100
Ask them to prove driver fault.....how many other clutches have gone on you before? Look on the net for other instances on the net re Citroen clutches. I would contact Citroen direct and strongly deny any fault on your part.