Daewoo Matiz SE 800 cc 2002 - disabling an immobiliser - Hanala1

Hi, the immobiliser on the car is playing up since the battery was changed. How do I disable the immobiliser?

Daewoo Matiz SE 800 cc 2002 - disabling an immobiliser - RT

Hi, the immobiliser on the car is playing up since the battery was changed. How do I disable the immobiliser?

Immobilisers are a security aid and designed not to be disabled - it would be a breach of others security to publish how to do it on a public forum - if anyone knew.

It's probably a job for an Auto Electrician

Daewoo Matiz SE 800 cc 2002 - disabling an immobiliser - Hanala1

Immobilisers are a security aid and designed not to be disabled - it would be a breach of others security to publish how to do it on a public forum - if anyone knew.

It's probably a job for an Auto Electrician

Thanks anyway. How irritating though. Seems more like a case of being manipulated into spending extortionate costs instead of removing something that is faulty, oneself. I will look up the handbook online to see if that helps.

Daewoo Matiz SE 800 cc 2002 - disabling an immobiliser - unthrottled

I don't know if this helps but on my car, you can enter the 4 digit radio code manually which deactivates the immobiliser. You switch the ignition to the 'on' position, and hold down the c/locking button until the immobiliser LED stops flashing rapidly. You then continue to hold the button down until the number of slow flashes corrosponds to the first digit of the code. You then release the button and immediately press again and repeat the step until all 4 digits are entered. Immobiliser switches off.

Daewoo Matiz SE 800 cc 2002 - disabling an immobiliser - Avant

Moved to Technical.