Ford Focus 2004 1.8 TDCI 3 Door. - In-Car Heater Airflow Control. - mazda60

Hi,

My daughter has just bought a ford ! (the second only in our family ) so we know nothing about them and thier querks so are seeking some advice / guidance.

Her problem is that the internal airflow is directed to the windscreen only, no matter where the dial is positioned.Great to defrost/demist but annoying her intently.

I have had a brief look on this site today but have not come across a similar issue.

.Any suggestions please as I will be visiting this weeknd to have a look at the problem.

Thanks

Colabora962.

Ford Focus 2004 1.8 TDCI 3 Door. - In-Car Heater Airflow Control. - elekie&a/c doctor

Never seen a problem with the direction control on these.It is a mechanical system with cables and levers.Perhaps something has come adrift. Pull the radio out to get a closer look.hth

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Will I need some "extraction keys" like on a VW to remove the radio?.

Ford Focus 2004 1.8 TDCI 3 Door. - In-Car Heater Airflow Control. - elekie&a/c doctor

Yes,standard round pin keys,available everywhere.Most Vw models use flat keys.hth

Had a conversation today with a friend who said that the air flow distribution is controlled electronically on this year of car and that the problem is llikely to be with the switch.

I would like to know how the switching operation of windscreen to footwell takes place.

Has anyone anything to add to help me resolve this problem.

Many thanks in anticipation.

elekie&a/c doctor.

Having looked further at the system in the focus, I now think you were correct with your comments and that I was given some duff information.

The system looks to have three parts (dash switch /heaterr flap switch and connecting cable) with the cablelooking to be a push fit onto the switch at the dash end and the flap controller at the other.

When I visit my daughternext I will do as you have advised and see if the problem is just that something has come adrift or broken. The mostly likely outcome may be the plastic ends of the cable are broken.

Will let you know the outcome.

Thanks.