volvo v70 t5 estate - MY CAR WAS VANDALISED at motor auction ???? - grj motortrader lincoln uk

I am a motortrader who entered a very nice 2004 volvo v70 turbo diesel estate into my local motor auction this car was vanderlized whilst in there care i spoke to auction manager Ian Carter who turned around and told me to claim on my traders insurance for the damage to its bodywork ,I asked why should i do that when its not my fault and your company were obliged to look after my goods and that i would consult a solictor in the morning his reply was to take the f.......g car out before he WOULD SCRATCH IT EVEN MORE and kick the s...t out of it AND told me f...k off and that the car was not there responsibilty even though it had been entererd into there auction that nite... damage to paintwork is around £750 ....I have been a VERY loyal customer for 30 years and spent £00000 s . and never caused any problems......WHAT WOULD YOU DO ????? and do you think i have the rite to damages for my car through small claims or a solictor....

Edited by Avant on 28/12/2012 at 17:40

volvo v70 t5 estate - MY CAR WAS VANDERLIZED at motor auction ???? - Cris_on_the_gas

To have an effective claim against the Auctioneer you need to prove that the damage was caused by the negligence of either himself or one of his employees.

From what you say you have so far not had a very satisfactory conversation with the Auction Manager.

They have a duty of care over your property, but cannot be expected to guards it 24/7 while in their care.

Do you have any idea how/when it got vandalised. Would the general public have had access to the vehicle during this time ?, or was it just employees of the company?

Does the Auction have CCTV cameras, not been to many auctions but would have thought with the value of metal there they would have taken some security precautions

volvo v70 t5 estate - MY CAR WAS VANDERLIZED at motor auction ???? - grj motortrader lincoln uk

YOU sound like THE SAME person who works in there head office OF COMPLAINTS at Stoneacre who own NEWARK AUCTION that i spoke to this morning??This was the same conversation i had....FUNNY....? This car was damaged between 3pm and 5pm yesterday afternoon before the auction was to start at 6pm as for cameras there are only 2 useless BQ not nite vision cameras in there yard with NO SIGNS up of any discription of leave at your own risk that little sign is in there office and is not worth the print...as you already know...security is a joke with poor visibilty lighting and no security and yes the public can walk around these cars but i was also on the premises most of the afternoon and did NOT expect this or the treatment from the so called manager....if you are that person i spoke to this morning you did say nothing really can be done ..

interesting eh what

volvo v70 t5 estate - MY CAR WAS VANDERLIZED at motor auction ???? - Cris_on_the_gas

Dear sir.

Just to clarify I am not the same person you refer to. I can appreciate that you are upset about having to pay in one way or another to the damage caused to your car but in order to have a claim against the Newark auction you have to prove that they were negligent in their actions.

I can appreciate this may not be what you want to hear right now but it is the law and is in direct answer to your question.

I am not aware that their security is a joke as I have never visited their site. If you are so concerned about this then should you be asking yourself why you have been frequenting their premises and contributing to their profits for over 30 years.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car but unless you can prove who caused this and report them to the Police for criminal damage and pursue them through the small claims court for your loss then you will have to take this one on the chin.

volvo v70 t5 estate - MY CAR WAS VANDERLIZED at motor auction ???? - bathtub tom

I'm wondering if someone's got a grudge to bear against the OP and damaged the car as a result?

volvo v70 t5 estate - MY CAR WAS VANDERLIZED at motor auction ???? - grj motortrader lincoln uk

sorry BATHTUB but NOT oap yet...but thanks for the comment... i have wondered this myself there are alot of people trying to get bargains... by damaging someones car this reduces the price...another car was scratched audi a8 2008 model which belonged to the main dealer who owns this auction house....

volvo v70 t5 estate - MY CAR WAS VANDERLIZED at motor auction ???? - tony g
All sounds a bit eccentric to me ,it's very unlikely that anybody would scratch a car to try to reduce the price .

The cost of repairing a car with vandal damage is likely to exceed any reduction in price , in addition a car that's been resprayed almost always stands out and will be more difficult to sell .

NOT oap yet !

These posts strike me as either an attempt to smear the auction mentioned or a spoof .

I've been car trading , buying and selling via auctions for thirty years ,although not the one mentioned .Other than the occasional theft of bits of trim ,I've never experienced a problem like this .
volvo v70 t5 estate - MY CAR WAS VANDERLIZED at motor auction ???? - bathtub tom

Sorry grj motortrader lincoln uk, I never called you an OAP, the term I used was OP. It means Original Post (or Poster).

cheers bathtub tom few to many beers

thanks tony g this is not a spoof this is for real.. you scratch a car or remove a plug lead and that car will make the car far less in value due to its condition maybe YOU buy from BCA where there rules are far better and the place has cameras and security...this place has neither and has had alot of damage recently to trade cars of theres and us traders this place is owned by a large group who dump there of shoots to mugs like me ...unfortunatly you have missed MY point i am asking for someones advise on what should i do...someone who deals in these matters of legalilty i have already spoken to the auction association RMI and other bodies and awaiting a reply but i am not gonna be walked over by a larger organization who do not give a FIG and have no respect to someone who has done nothing wrong .....its called your rites

update...believe it or not from what i ve heard in the trade they have had more CARS hit since mine was reported ..conclusion is now they have STOPPEDall viewings OF CARS AND you can only see them on auction nite...they have apoligized and said that i am welcome back but they cannot repair my car but they will look after me on commision and other sales..... and merry b***** xmas to them and the idiot whos scratching these cars...

they ve lost me as a customer whos has spent thousands and took the bad and the good but more BAD.... LOOSERS