Will my zafira winter tyres fit C4 Picasso? - skiptonmaria
Having had winter tyres on my Vauxhall Zafira for three seasons now I'm eager to make sure I got some for the new Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6 hdi platinum I'm going to lease, so question is, will my current winter tyres fit the new car or will I have to get some new ones?

The Zafira's current winter tyres are ContinentalWinter 205/55 R16.
The recommended spec for Picasso according to Citroen website is 215/50 17, but I know winter tyres are sometimes narrower?

Thanks!
Will my zafira winter tyres fit C4 Picasso? - Collos25

The same answer no matter how many times you ask,firstly ask the lease company and if they agree to let you fit odd size tyres then go ahead but I think you will be disappointed don't forget they own the vehicle not you.

Why not buy some proper size tyres and sell the ones you have.

Will my zafira winter tyres fit C4 Picasso? - oldtoffee

Your 16" Zafira tyres won't fit on your 17" picasso wheels unless you can persuade the lease company to swap for 16"s. They won't! You'll have to buy 16" wheels for your Picasso or sell your 16" tyres and buy 17" winters for your Picasso. Best stick to what the manual or website says or flaunt it and buy the 16" wheels to fit the Picasso and fit the taller and narrower Zafira tyres which will work ok but definitely let your insurance company know you've done it. The lease company will decide for you so expect little assistance.

I'm going to go from 18" to 17" when my 18" winters wear out this year on the basis that buying a set of 17" wheels means I don't have to pay my local tyre fitters two lots of £60 (live in the south east) and 17" winter tyres, one section narrower are typically £25 to £30 less per corner than 18".

Will my zafira winter tyres fit C4 Picasso? - Smileyman

Check the Picasso site, does it have this size wheel/tyre combination as an option for the vehicle. Also check the wheels themselves will fit the Picasso - correct number of bolts and the smaller wheel will actually fit.

I down sized the wheels on my Primera from 215/50/17 to 205/60/16 wheels/tyres - both sizes are listed in the borchure and I purchased original Nissan alloys in the smaller size. I've also told my insurance company.

This applies to summer and winter tyres for which I have a second set of wheels, having sold the original alloys on. With the smaller size wheel the ride is more comfortable and the tyre cost is so much lower that I have saved enough to cover the swap to smaller alloys.

Also check the difference is wheel circumference and whether your speedo / odometer will be accurate.

Edited by Smileyman on 23/11/2012 at 00:22

Will my zafira winter tyres fit C4 Picasso? - BigJohnD

Have you checked that the WHEELS fit?

The C4 range have internal 'spigot' diameter of 65.1mm, and an exact fit will ensure the wheel is truly concentric and secure. If the centre hole is over 65.1mm, a 'concentric reduction spigot' should be fitted, otherwise there will be excessive strain on the bolts/studs because of the inexact fit, which will result in unwanted vibrations.

The PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter) is 108 X 4 - that is, the bolt hole centre distance from the centre of the hub is 108 mm with the 4 bolt holes equally spaced on the circumference.

The correct offset is 25mm.

Wheels from the current range of Peugeots will fit.

If you fit winter tyres, you should inform your insurer, but it is unlikely to be an issue.
www.abi.org.uk/Information/Consumers/General/Winte...x

Edited by BigJohnD on 26/11/2012 at 23:26