Nissan Micra K12 - Service Advisory - skidpan

Took dads K12 1.2 Micra in for a service and MOT yesterday at the local Nissan dealer. They do a good price for low milage cars over 3 years old, its just not worth going to an independant. The total price including MOT, service, clean and valet was £127 which in my book its good value.

On last years MOT (carried out at the same garage) there was an advisory that some front suspension bushes would need replacing on or before the next test. The car drives perfectly with no noises and to my surprise (and pleasure) the bushes weere not mentioned this time, how does that work, are Nissans self healing?

The car past its MOT with no issues at all but on the service sheet it states the 2 rear tyres are illegal and need replacing. How does that work, tyres that pass an MOT at 09.30am are illegal by 11.00 am when they service it.

How many people fall for this rubbish.

PS The rear tyres are legal.

Nissan Micra K12 - Service Advisory - unthrottled

The total price including MOT, service, clean and valet was £127 which in my book its good value.

That's why you got the "you need discs and pads Squire" routine!

Nissan Micra K12 - Service Advisory - skidpan

That's why you got the "you need discs and pads Squire" routine!

They never said I needed new pads and discs.

My question was how can it pass an MOT at 09.30 yet need new tyres by lunchtime.

And I am fully aware they were trying to rip us off.

Edited by skidpan on 10/11/2012 at 18:13

Nissan Micra K12 - Service Advisory - unthrottled

To be fair, a component might be legal, but benefit from being renewed. "pads, and discs squire" is a generic term for simple, but high margin work that a lot of customers will agree to.