Two PCNs for the same offence - james74london

Hi there. Can anyone help me with this, please? On 20 Sept I had to park outside my works car park on the road. I parked with two wheels on the pavement and when I returned to my car after work, there was a penalty charge notice from Enfield Council on my windscreen, timed at 11:56am. I sent a cheque the next day. Two days later I received in the post a penalty charge notice. I ignored this, assuming it was just a postal confirmation of the notice I'd already paid. Unfortunately it wasn't, it was another penalty charge notice, timed at 9:45am. The civil enforcement officer's (CEO) number is not given on the (earlier) postal PCN, so I presume the CEO who issued the later notice was a different person and did not know I'd already been ticketed. Is this legal? I have now received a Charge Certificate in respect of the PCN I have not paid. Should I appeal the charge I have not paid, or pay this charge and appeal against the one I've already paid?
Thanks.

Two PCNs for the same offence - Dwight Van Driver

As I understand it you cannot appeal the PCN that you have paid. You have accepted matters.

In relation to the PCN attracfing the Charge Cerificate because you ignored the Notice to Owner appeal this on the grounds of duplicity (explain why as above) - you have already paid. You may be lucky and the LA accept and cancel or they may send you a Notice of Rejection at which stage consider taking it further up the line to ther Parkiung Adjudicator., He may be motre sympathetic.

dvd

Two PCNs for the same offence - Bromptonaut

Since it was served by post the 9:45 ticket is likleyto be based on camera observation, either fixed or mobile. The second, evidenced by the ticket, is by a patrol.

As DVD says the paid one is closed. Pity the postal one was overlooked while opportunity for representation/appeal was open.

HAve you tried speaking to the Council? Nothing challenging or assertive, just ask them how to proceed.

Barrie Segal's site, Peppipoo or even the list of decided cases on the adjudicators website might help.

Two PCNs for the same offence - 1litregolfeater

Phoo, I'd be reaching for my 12 bore and my Davy Crockett hat if I had to live in a place like that! Made good reading though