Citroen C5 Tourer - Upgrade to xenon lights? - GT

I have a Citroen C5 Tourer 3.0 TDi fitted with halogen bulbs. The owners handbook shows that there's meant to be a manual adjuster for the level of the headlamps; however, my car doesn't have this; when I queried it with my Citroen dealer, he said it has self-levelling suspension and therefore doesn't need the manual adjuster.

I'm interested to learn whether this means I could upgrade the headlights to xenons. I thought the pre-requisite for xenons was self-levelling suspension to avoid dazzle when the car is loaded - hence the usually high cost of this as an optional extra.

(Incidentally (and maybe I should start a separate post on this?) most of my friends and acquaintances laughed like drains when I said I was getting a C5, but I think the laugh is on them, particularly with the 3.0 HDi engine (I think from Peugeot, and the same engine that Jaguar use). It is quiet, refined, powerful, and seems to match in every respect the few BMW 5-series cars I've been out in - and I think the Tourer is a cracking looker too.)

Citroen C5 Tourer - Upgrade to xenon lights? - Peter.N.

Can't help you with your light problem but I have two C5s, a 2.0 and 2.2 Hdi and find that after running hydropnumatic Citroens for 25 years they are the only cars you can get with a decent ride, they also have a huge ammount of room, are very economical and must represent the best value of any seconhad car.

Citroen C5 Tourer - Upgrade to xenon lights? - elekie&a/c doctor

i would think it is possible to xenons, but it is a marathon task.New headlights complete with the electronic ballast igniter modules.Possible wiring modification as usually the multi plugs for the headlights will not match.You will also need to fit headlight wash system (if not already fitted) as this will become a future mot requirement if xenons fitted.If the car is fitted with a lamp fail monitoring system,then this will not work correctly.hth