Peugeot 407 - peugeot 407 facelift any good - Veccy

Hi all,

Am looking at a 407 2.0 hdi facelift and am woundering did peugeot fix any of the failings of the older model such as ball joints, centre console display,dpf, tyre ppressure sensors etc. I had a 407 in 2005 and did love the car but was troublesome.

Your advice is appreciated

Thanks

Declan

Peugeot 407 - peugeot 407 facelift any good - Collos25

Yes the ball joint problem has been resolved but this was no great problem and very cheap to fix.I would go for the 1.6hdi unless you crave the extra power much better engine and the cam belt live is much much longer.as far as the tyre sensors are concerned they are problematic on all cars best to have them disconnected or buy a car where they are not fitted.I am on my second 407sw 1.6hdi its quite new and very low mileage the first did over 100k miles with I litre of DPF oil required .Plenty of second hand ones about in the UK but very few that have not been used to go round the world twice.

Peugeot 407 - peugeot 407 facelift any good - Veccy

Thanks Collos25

I was more worried about the center console display and the aircon control which were a problem for my neighbour

Regards

Declan

Peugeot 407 - peugeot 407 facelift any good - Collos25

I have never had the problem a bit over egged, they modified both in about 2007 plus the front ball joints.

Peugeot 407 - peugeot 407 facelift any good - gtamax

Basicly generic DPF

yes have fix for same see these videos

very informative material was found here on a fix i believe it can also be used on Peugeot ford etc etc with some variations to parameters but basically the same procedure.

DPF FIX PART 1 www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMf4m946aKA

DPF FIX PART 2 www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXLZEG6It8o