Peugeot 307 2.0L HDI (90BHP) - Centering the Flywheel - Herr Minger

I am soon to change the flywheel on m 307 and upon reading the manual, it says that I will need to center the flywheel (dual mass) on the crankshaft using two Peugeot special tools (that I can't obtain). Apparently these are screwed into two opposing holes, tightened up and being tapered they centralise. Next the flywheel is fitted and tightened then these two tools are removed allowing the last two bolts to be fitted.

Any ideas on how I will be able to center the flywheel without these tools?

Edited by Herr Minger on 26/10/2012 at 12:06

I must point out that I have never come across the need to centre a flywheel before, a clutch obviously but never a flywheel as they normally just bolt on to the crankshaft flange. Perhaps this is why nobody has replied yet

Peugeot 307 2.0L HDI (90BHP) - Centering the Flywheel - Chris M

But the OP is talking about a DMF.

Has the OP searched on the various tool manufacturers websites - Draper, Sykes Pickavant, etc.?

Peugeot 307 2.0L HDI (90BHP) - Centering the Flywheel - focussed

I think it is possible that these tools hold the flywheel onto the crank flange and line up the bolt holes while the other bolts are being fitted-instead of using a dowel as some engines do.

Thanks for any replies but it turned out that it didn't have a dual mass flywheel fitted and acording to peugeot shouldn't have one. Happy days as just a clutch change. b***** of a job though on the drive with four jacks and two axle stands. Replacing thrust bearing is a fiddly job as well, getting the two clips to line up with the lever.