PEUGEOT 206 HDi - YEAR 2000 - FRONT END KNOCKING - WOODIE1944

Hi! I would appreciate some assistance regarding a fairly harsh "knocking" coming from the front of my 206. I recently fitted new shockers to both driver & passenger side front as I had suspected this was the cause of the previous knocking particularly on one side of the car. The noise is more pronounced now. I drive a lot in France and their village & narrow country roads are very poorly maintained - someone said it's their version of "sleeping policemen" and speed control Could well be right !!

The knock is a series solid knocks. Could it be the top of the coil spring is not sitting in the location plate bolted to the top of the wheel arch or would the "Drop links" cause a knock this hard!

Any help would be appreciated before I get back down on my creaky 68 year old knees once again.

Thanks in advance,

Woodie1944

PEUGEOT 206 HDi - YEAR 2000 - FRONT END KNOCKING - tony g
Broken spring ,perhaps just a small part of the spring broken away ,so not obvious ,or as you say drop links .

I've just replaced the drop links on a seat altea rear ,it's surprising how noisy the worn bushes were.

PEUGEOT 206 HDi - YEAR 2000 - FRONT END KNOCKING - Bromptonaut

Had trouble with what I think were drop links on my Xantia. Only a tiny bit of movement but a very pronounced knock over rough ground.

Not massively expensive to replace.

PEUGEOT 206 HDi - YEAR 2000 - FRONT END KNOCKING - Collos25

Check front ball joints a very common problem on this car and drop links as previously stated.