Yaris - jud
Because of the good feedback and high survey results i took my first real look at the Yaris this weekend. Just what is all the fuss about? i was attracted by a diesel 5door with a view to test driving it but never got that far. The car looks ok on the outside but a town car without side rubbing strips? both cars i checked out had paint scrapes and dents along the sides. As for the interior the gls just looked like it had a massive lump of ugly plastic for a fascia. Totally unimpressed so didn't even bother with a test drive.
Yaris - SteveH42
I agree about the rubbing strips, but you can get them fitted as an extra. (Should be included I agree) As for the dashboard, well, seems to be the way of most cars these days. Also, you get used to it very quickly.

You're missing out by not at least giving it the chance of a test drive. I think you'll be impressed how well it goes for a car in that class, plus looks aren't everything. Get behind the wheel before you dismiss it completely.
Yaris - marcusroberts
If you've got small kids, you can forget the Yaris. Was on the verge of replacing my better halfs car a few years ago, ready to sign on the dotted line until I asked the sales guy if we could check the boot for the buggy. To his surprise, it didn't fit, and I put my cheque book away pretty quick!
She now drives a RAV4 (2 yrs old) runs like a dream, even if we've had the alloys replaced and rear-shocks on warranty!
Yaris - SteveH42
You'd manage with one small kid, two even if the driver isn't too tall as the back seat moves forward. But the thing about the Yaris is that it isn't really a family car - people seem to expect it to do everything, but it's basically a very small car intended for 1 or 2 people who occasionally need to carry passengers or lots of luggage, but not both!
Yaris - Marcus
"She now drives a RAV4"

Warning: If you have 2 trail bikes you can forget the RV4(or a Yaris) as they don't fit in the back.