Renaultsport Clio 200 - Renault paint issues - Gorms

New to the forum and just after a little advice.

I purchased my new Clio September 2011. Around February 2012 I noticed the paint had started to peel from 3 of the four arches. I popped down to my local dealership and the car was booked in to get smart repairs carried out to the damaged areas. Unfortunately when I dropped the car down the dealership went into liquidation.

This meant I had to start the claim over again, which took 8 weeks for the car to be booked in at another dealership. On top of this I had to go away with work so it was 16 weeks before it went back in. So the car went in around June 2012 and the paint finish was dreadful. I explained I wasn't happy and an the dealership arranged for an independent bodyshop to look over the car. The outcome was that, the paint finish was poor and both front wings would need spraying along with the rear o/s quarter to get the car back to a good standard.

So roll on September 2012 when the car would go back to the same Renault approved bodyshop that carried out the first repair. When I went to pick the car up I was totally gob smacked. Not only was the paint finish a million times worse but they also managed to curb a wheel. I have had an independent bodyshop look over the car again and they now think to correct the problems both wings need redoing along with most of the o/s of the car.

Unfortunately I picked the car up 2 days before I was to deploy to Afghan (where I currently am). Prior to going I was told that the car will be going back to the same bodyshop again!!!!!! On my return in January.

I have informed them I don't want it going there as I did the second time but they won't budge.

If anyone can shed a little light on where I stand I would be ever so thankful.

Paul
Renaultsport Clio 200 - Renault paint issues - bathtub tom

You could try threatening with rejection of the car?

Three attempts to rectify the same problem's enough I believe.

Even after a year and 12k miles?

Renaultsport Clio 200 - Renault paint issues - bathtub tom

>>I purchased my new Clio September 2011. Around February 2012 I noticed the paint had started to peel from 3 of the four arches. I popped down to my local dealership

It would seem you started the procedure promptly.

Ok i get you. Yeah i started the first claim pretty soon after purchasing the car.