Mercedes e320 - PCN notice - Humperdink

Dear all,

Just a quick question.

My dad was driving in Harrow got himself lost and ended up in a pedestrianised part of the high street, realising his mistake he turned around and carried on with his journey.

He got a PCN through a few days later, and there were a couple of mistakes:

1) He was given a fine for parking, where he wasnt parking just turning round.

2) The reg number of the car was right, but the make of the car was wrong, he was in a Mercedes and the make of car on the ticket was Toyota.

Do you think he should pay?

Mercedes e320 - PCN notice - Bromptonaut

I'm assuming this is a penalty charge notice issued by Harrow Council. If so it had legal force and must not be ignored.

The first stage of appealing is to make representations to the Council. Ask for sight of the CCTV (if that's what they used) and point out what actually happened. If they stick to their guns he has option of an appeal to an independent legally qualified adjudicator.

The latter stage is pretty simple and informal but will mean he loses the chance to pay at the discounted rate.

Mercedes e320 - PCN notice - Dwight Van Driver

He obviously was not observant of the signs probiting access for vehicles to the pedestrianised area and therefore commits the sin.........

(1 )He obviously stopped to complete the turn and therefore technically 'parked'. Presumed it was at this point caught on camera........... One could try an appeal but don't reckon much of a chance.

(2) There is no statutory requirement to put the make of the vehicle on a PCN so that wont wash

Consider prompt payment to get the discount????????

dvd

Thanks Guys

Mercedes e320 - PCN notice - Bromptonaut

On reflection my advice is same as DVD - but maybe worth a 'mitigation' plea to Council if that dies not prejudice right to reduced rate.

Paid it