Peugeot 307 CC - Fuel pump problems - colin75

Engine warning light comes on, engine stops, restarts and goes into garage for checking.

Bosch diagnostic equip used,fault codes PO402 EGR valve.PO087 Fuel Rail Pressure too Low. P1113 Fuelrail pressure sensor low pressure.

REPLACED High pressure Fuel Pump, Cylinder no1 Injector, Fuel Filter,Timing belt Kit, Fan belt Total Cost £1054.83

Problem reappears within 200 miles Garage flushes out engine "to get rid of metal parts from old pump"?

Problem happens again within a couple of days, garage advises they will flush engine again to clear out any further bits.

Is this a problem with this model with 103000 on the clock and is it likely that they have miss diagnosed the problem

Peugeot 307 CC - Fuel pump problems - madf

Problem reappears within 200 miles Garage flushes out engine "to get rid of metal parts from old pump"?

They should have done that when they replaced the pump. Your garage appear ignorant hamfisted morons.. Suggest you find somoen more competent (not difficult) - who knows what they are doing (more difficult).

No doubt they checked the fuel rail pressure sensor is correct?

Bunch of wallies. in my view,

Peugeot 307 CC - Fuel pump problems - colin75

Yes they found the fuelrail pressure low and replaced HP fuel pump and cylinder 1 injector also replaced fuel filter, timimng belt kit and fan belt.

The car has done 103K miles and my daughter buys supermarket Derv.

The garage is reflushing to clear anymore bits out and will keep the car until they cure it and have supplied a releif vehicle F.O.C.

Any advice welcome as i am a complete novice on modern vehicles.

Peugeot 307 CC - Fuel pump problems - thunderbird

Clearly they have charged you for parts that were not needed, if they were it would have worked.

103K is nothing for a modern engine and nothing worng with supermarket diesel, it meets BSEN590.

Hope they sort it and give you refund for unnessary parts.