Citroen Xsara Picasso - Clicking from internal fuse box - Justin1971

Hi,

I have a 2001 Citroen Xsara Picasso and just lately there is a ticking/clicking noise coming from the internal fuse box area (underneath the light dimmer/dipper to the right of the steering wheel near the drivers door).

It sounds like a relay but has very rapid clicks. It seems to stop when I rev the engine when sattionary but does click when I'm driving.

It doesn't seem to affect anything but it's very annoying.

Any ideas what it may be?

Cheers,

Justin

Citroen Xsara Picasso - Clicking from internal fuse box - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Citroen Xsara Picasso - Clicking from internal fuse box - Collos25

Find out which relay it is and replace it before it lets you down.

It seems to be coming from a relay that has red & black wires fixed to it.

Firstly, is this a relay?

Secondly, if it needs replacing, do the wires just pull out?

Citroen Xsara Picasso - Clicking from internal fuse box - elekie&a/c doctor

A clicking relay is generally not an indication that it is faulty.Something in the circuit is switching it on/off.Most of the relays in the cabin are part of the body control module/fuse box and are integrated into the circuit board and are not easily replaced.You need to find out what this relay or whatever it is, does.hth

Not a problem now, the car has been scrapped. There was so much wrong it wasn't worth putting through the MOT.

Just to clarify - it had 125k on clock, needed a new wheel bearing, welding or new sill, starter motor was also starting to play up.

Got £100 cash and bought a 2007 Honda Civic 2.2 i-CDTi - now that IS a nice car (cost £8,000 though lol)