driving licence revoked - charlie2010

My husband was stopped by police in march2012 for no insurance well he had insurance then they said he didnt have valid licence it had been revoked. He got some points and we sent his paper licence back to DVLA to change address and put points on october 2011 didnt chase it silly us!! aparently they revoked it but didnt tell us when we went into dvla they simply said fill a d? thing and we will issue a photo licence (he had paper one) they had our new address on the system so must have had old licence there. They claim to have written to us because you cannot change details on paper licence have to have new photo licence . He is now being taken to court for no licence the policeman has also stated on court form that insurance said they would cover him for that journey Rubbish I spoke to insurance who state they told police twice his insurance was valid as he was legally entitled to hold a licence ie not disqualified. He has been driving for 40 years.Dvla say perhaps we wrote to old address why? they had the new one Interestingly new licence arrived in 3 working days . He is now concerned over huge fine and more points for something he new nothing about do you think he should go to court Help

driving licence revoked - Brit_in_Germany

Charlie, you need to find yourself a solicitor if you haven't done so already.

Cant do that till Monday anyone know a good cheap one husband still in shock just cant work it out and neither can I South Wales police have obviously found a good money spinner cost £150 to get the van back police statement reads like he never had a licence crazy just feels unreal.

driving licence revoked - Peter D

"didnt tell us when we went into dvla they simply said fill a d? thing and we will issue a photo licence "

When did you do that. Regards Peter

We went to the DVLA the day after he was stopped because thats the first we new there was a problem

driving licence revoked - Dwight Van Driver

System works like this:

DVLA can revoke a driving licence

(1) Medical grounds.

(2) In this case it seems when one is convicted of offence involving endorsement (points - speeding)) then there is an obligation to surrender the Licence to have points endorsed on it

If DVLA are notified of points but that the Licence has not bveen surendered then they can take revocation action which invariably means a letter is sent to the address of the licence holder of this fact and that my reapplying the Licence is brought back into being. Offence to drive vehicle whilst Licence revoked.. Also gives Police power to seize vehicle

Somewhere along the line either the Licence was not surrendered or there has been an admin hic up twixt Court and DVLA.

Regarding Insurance - if the policy contains information to the effect that a person is covered for the purposes of Insurance if they hold, OR HAVE HELD a Licence to drive. Posters husband has held a Licence so Insurance will cover - no offence on this score.

I have repeatedly warned that failure to deal with matters in relation to driving documents cxan have seriuous consequences. Failing to notify change of address, to some may seem piffling, but can have s ting in the tail.

dvd

DVLA had the licence told police that said they had it. Told us in DVLA they had written to us but couldnt say when. Didnt get a letter apparently they cant add points to paper licence and as we have recently moved likewise you need to apply for a photo one didnt know that and they didnt tell us.

driving licence revoked - Armitage Shanks {p}

Points are put on the paper counterpart licence, as I know to my cost! There is, as yet, no way of putting points on a the plastic photocard one. If the paper licence is going to be discontinued this will have to be addressed

My husband didnt have photo licence he had the original paper licence 40 years old

driving licence revoked - Armitage Shanks {p}

So if what your husband has is a paper licence why did DVLA say they couldn't put points on it?

Because its the old paper licence apparently if anything changes you have to have new photocard licence with paper licence now green his paper licence was pink and different format