Audi A4 B6 - New wiper unit, now ventilation blower not working - uksant

Hello, wonder if anyone can help or has experienced this. I had a new front windscreen wiper unit fitted today (described as unit / rod & bracket by the garage) to my 2003 Audi A4 Avant.

I picked the car up after the (independent) garage had shut. The problems with the wipers were certainly fixed BUT I immediately noticed that, with the climate control on Auto, the windscreen blower came on and went off every 5 seconds or so (the intervals were not regular). When I switched the blower on (climate control no longer on Auto), it did not blow air to the windscreen at all.

This is just too much of a coincidence, and must be related to the fitting of the new wiper mechanism. But I need a little advice from those in the know as to what might specifically have caused this, i.e. what might the garage have done or not done that would have caused this, so they don't try to fob me off - naturally, I expect it to be resolved at no cost to me!

Thanks.

Audi A4 B6 - New wiper unit, now ventilation blower not working - elekie&a/c doctor
there is no electrical connection between the wipers and the heater system,but the plastic cover over the wipers and heater air intake system needs to be removed.it is possible that something has fallen into the intake vent and preventing the fan working correctly.hth