porsche - tyre repair aerosol foam - Pavlo

The new boxter comes with only the dreaded can of foam to repair tyres. If I were to get one it would be to tour some remote(ish) areas of Europe and Porsche tyres may not be readily available where a punture may occur. HOW FAR can one safely drive on a tyre repaired with foam and at what speed ( I assume no more than 50mph). I could then get to a major town that may be able to source one.

porsche - tyre repair aerosol foam - galileo

The new boxter comes with only the dreaded can of foam to repair tyres. If I were to get one it would be to tour some remote(ish) areas of Europe and Porsche tyres may not be readily available where a punture may occur. HOW FAR can one safely drive on a tyre repaired with foam and at what speed ( I assume no more than 50mph). I could then get to a major town that may be able to source one.

Bro in law has had two blow outs in the last two years: the can of foam was no use in either instance as the sidewalls were split, all the foam did was decorate the kerb.

I am thankful that my car was provided with a full size spare, I would not feel confident to go any distance relying on a can of foam, particularly given the prevalence of bad potholes etc.

porsche - tyre repair aerosol foam - gordonbennet

If you decide not to buy one because the maker was silly enough to join the fad for aerosol spare wheels, be sure to tell the maker and the dealership why.

If people simply refuse point blank to buy a car, any car, new or used, without a decent useable spare wheel they'll soon start putting them back in, as standard kit.