Ford Mondeo diesel 2L - Mondeo diesel 2L keeps loses power and revs drop - ahappytraveller
Our Ford Mondeo 2L diesel (55 plate) keeps cutting out at speed and loses complete power. We have to pull over but can restart the car straight away.

However the Ford garage couldn't find a fault with the car. The problem got worse until it was doing it all the time and we have had to leave the car in France and be recovered home.

Can you please shed some light on this for us as we need to advise the foreign garage, as they have already had the car for 10 days without finding the fault.
Ford Mondeo diesel 2L - Mondeo diesel 2L keeps loses power and revs drop - gandaulf

this problem is usually down to a cam or crank sensor breaking down when it gets hot and will not throw up a fault code.

Ford Mondeo diesel 2L - Mondeo diesel 2L keeps loses power and revs drop - GBP1705

I have had the same problem with a 53 plate Avensis. 3 Toyota dealers could find no fault & 4 independent the same. A friend put it on his diagnostic machine and it comes up with RANDOM MISFIRE. When it starts to misfire and I go over 3000 revs I lose power but engine doesn't stop. I pull over turn off ingnition, restart and away we go all runnning fine for a while. I just put up with it now as I'm planning to change motors early next year.