VW Transporter T5 2005 1.9TDI 96k miles - loose engine block? - theho

Hi.

I've just driven to the South of France. Since getting off the motorway i noticed a vibration when cornering to the left and accelerating. It seemed to be worst in 4th gear though can now feel it in 5th too and slightly in 4th on the straight. I took it to a garage and after a thorough look he said the engine block was loose and this was the reason. He said it should be fine be will need changing when we got back (in 3000km time!) I'm sure it is getting worse though still seems to be absolutely fine in the lower gears.

I'm worried it could do more damage to everything else if it continues though also aware I am in France and would obviously prefer to get it looked at home with my usual garage. (we also have breakdown cover too)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John.

VW Transporter T5 2005 1.9TDI 96k miles - loose engine block? - Peter.N.

I don't think he means the engine block as that is the bulk of the engine, I think he may mean an engine mounting which will allow the engine 'block' to move with centrifugal forge when cornering. Just try not to accelerate hard or corner fast and it should be OK until you get home.