2011 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.6 Diesel Ecotec - 2011 Ford Fiesta Aircon problem - jlo

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas of the below problem. I have it booked in to Ford next Friday.

I picked up my near new car last Friday (Ford Direct t details above) and when driving home from holiday yesterday I noticed a problem with the aircon.

Symptoms: Switched aircon on, Worked lovely for 20 mins. Switched it off and when I switched it back on 5 mins late the aircon refused to work (Yellow aircon light still illuminated)

I pulled over and about 30 mins later and turned the ignition off and then on again and the aircon fired in to life.

Then drove up the motorway from Taunton to Worcester. It was start stop traffic. After around an hour I noticed even though the fan was on number 4 there was now very little air coming out the vents although it was still relative cool. I switched off the aircon and no difference with the temp. After around 30 mins the air was getting warmer. I switched on the aircon and instantly ice cold air and coming full force through the vents. It’s almost as though it had all become iced up and not working??

I was wearing sandals and when I went on some B road, when going around a left hand bend I felt a couple of cold drips on my left foot?

So anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

James

2011 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.6 Diesel Ecotec - 2011 Ford Fiesta Aircon problem - elekie&a/c doctor

Could be a problem with the thermostsatic control.(similar to your fridge).Sounds like the evaporator is freezing up(this is the heat exchanger behind dash).When this happens there is no cold air and also air flow is restricted.Water drips on your feet tends to go along with tis fault.hth

2011 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.6 Diesel Ecotec - 2011 Ford Fiesta Aircon problem - jlo

Thanks:) I will pass this info on to the dealer when they have a look at it and report back what they find.

Kind Regards

James

Ford Garage took a look. I gave them the above info. They also said it lost efficiency the longer it was run.

Service guy said they did not know how they fixed it! They did a vacuum and re gas and can only assume it shifted the blockage. All seems well with it so far so watch this space.....

Thanks for your help.

James