peugeot 206 16v 1.6 petrol - peugeot 206 misfire / stutter - andrewuwe

My petrol peugeot 206 is juddering or misfiring and I am looking for some advice.

There are no fault codes and no engine warning light, does this rule out injector fault?

I replaced the spark plugs and coil because the plugs were due and I had a spare coil handy - no help.

I've used more than two tanks off fuel and the problem is slowly getting worse. At first it was just a barely noticable bump but now it will sometimes go RRRRrRRRRrrRRRRrRRRRRRR_RRRRRRRRRRR ;) and sometimes will even stall at idle. It never judders when slowing down and hardly ever if accelerating.

peugeot 206 16v 1.6 petrol - peugeot 206 misfire / stutter - madf

My petrol peugeot 206 is juddering or misfiring and I am looking for some advice.

There are no fault codes and no engine warning light, does this rule out injector fault?

When was it last serviced? (Miles that is).

It is likely to be the MAF/MAP sensor: an easy but careful clean with carb cleaner . I am sure Peugeot forums will tell how to do it.

It it has not been propely serviced, new plugs and filters would help. as well.

Thanks I'll have a look at the maf/map sensor. What you say makes sense because I've just had a look and if does seem dirty inside the throttle.

It was serviced by in&out 10000 miles ago and has 7000 left until next.

peugeot 206 16v 1.6 petrol - peugeot 206 misfire / stutter - unthrottled

If that doesn't work, the idle control valve (also in the throttle body) could probably do with a clean.

My Renault Megane does the same thing. If you the engine is hunting and stumbling at idle, then you blip the throttle, it always settles into a smooth idle.

Alternatively, run it exclusively on Shell BP turbomax Powerstroke fuel. But you have to buy the fuel first thing in the morning on the third Sunday after the Spring Equinox-otherwise it won't work.

I took the map sensor out to clean it but it was pretty clean already. I gave it a clean anyway and put it back in - no change. Disconnected it, problem fixed, so I bought a new one instead.

The different makes/octane of petrol make no difference to my car, that was the first thing I tried because it is free since I am buying petrol anyway.