T - Most Underlay - treatment - HokkaHokka
Hello,

I took delivery of a used Toyota Verso (09 plate) from a Toyota dealer last week (described by the salesman as "mint"!), and have since some issues.
The main one being that due a blocked air conditioning leak pipe, the car smelt unpleasant (suspicions were raised due to rusting present beneath the front seats.)
After inspection the carpet underlay was described as moist but not wet by the mechanic on inspection.
The smell was explained by bacteria caused by the damp issues.

They have rectified this with an antibacterial bomb which was activated with the air conditioning on while I waited at the dealership.
As I have two very young children, I am still a little concerned about the effectiveness of this treatment and was wondering if anybody had any experience of this?

I really don't want my kids breathing in bacteria etc if the treatment is flawed.

By the by, the other issues that have came to light were, heavily damaged wheel trim, which detached itself on the 50 mile drive to the dealer, missing aerial and inoperative cigarette lighters (confirmed damaged due to the damp issue) we have also noticed that the gears stick a little.

Thanks in advance

HH
T - Most Underlay - treatment - RT

No point raising the same issue twice www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=96618

T - Most Underlay - treatment - HokkaHokka
Hello,

Sorry about that- I thought that the Verso tag may be putting people off (as it's a relatively rare car)

If anybody knows of any other forums that may be worth a try, I'd be very appreciative. I've tried the Toyota Owners forum but that seems very quiet.

Kind Regards

HH