Kumho - Tyres - Chris79

Hello All,

the time has come to replace the rear tyres on my Corsa. The local garage is qutoing £77 all in for Kumhos which they seem to have a high opinion of. I dont want to spend £100+ to get a brand such as michelin or Good years but equally so i dont want the cheapest tyres out there.

Does anyone have any experience of this brand and what there like in terms of tyre noise and grip / longevity?

Incidentally on the front I have a set of Wanlis (Not my choice) which have been on there for 10K I dont think a lot of the grip offered in wet conditions but in terms of tyre life after 10K they are showing suprisingly little wear.

Edited by Avant on 07/06/2012 at 00:37

Kuhmo - Tyres - SteveLee

Kumhos are excellent tyres, premium quality at mid-brand prices.

Kuhmo - Tyres - thunderbird

Kumhos are excellent tyres, premium quality at mid-brand prices.

We also has a set of Kuhmos, really good tyres, very quiet and wore well. Only paid £62 fitted for 205/55/16 V rated tyres including fitting, valves, balancing, disposal thus £77 looks expensive for a Corsa.

Edited by thunderbird on 06/06/2012 at 14:22

Kuhmo - Tyres - Chris79
I'll have to check the prices further. The quote is for 195 55 16's. I had a quick look at other companies including Internet based mobile fitters but could nt find anything much cheaper unless I was prepared to take a gamble on a budget tyre, brand to be determined on the day of fitting. I wasnt....

I will take another look however

Thanks for the replies
Kuhmo - Tyres - SteveLee

The Kumhos I ran on my Jag XJ8 lasted longer than the o/e Pirelli P6000s they replaced - gripped better wet and dry too.

Kuhmo - Tyres - RT

Older Kumho's used a hard-wearing compound and gave very good mileage but the same may not be true of current Kumho production.

The OE Kumho KL21's on my recent Santa Fe are wearing like chocolate compared to oler versions of the same car with older versions of Kumhos.

Kuhmo - Tyres - Auristocrat

We fitted a set of four Kumho Ecsta HM KH31 195/45 R16 V to our Mazda 2 last September. The original fit Pirelli P Zero Neros were noticably noisier. The Kumho's gave reasonable grip in the wet. When we swapped the Mazda for a new Hyundai i20 at the end of April this year, that came fitted with Kumho's, and again appear pretty good. VW fit Kumho tyres as original equipment to some Polo's. Presume your Corsa takes something like 175/65 R14 T's - Black Circles do the Kumho Solus KH17 in this size for £45.98 each fully fitted.

Was the £77 quoted by your garage for one or two tyres - if one, they're expensive, for two they're cheap.

Edited by Auristocrat on 06/06/2012 at 15:34

Kuhmo - Tyres - Chris79
£77 quoted was for one tyre. However they are 195 55 16 h rated rather than 175's.

Haven t checked black circles, thanks for the tip.
Kuhmo - Tyres - Chris79
Black circles coming back at 76.58. Based on that I'll use the local garage. Our high st has taken such a pounding it would be nice to support the local garage.
Kuhmo - Tyres - bathtub tom

>>they are 195 55 16 h rated rather than 175's.

Are you fully aware of the implications of changing the tyre size?

Speedo error and insurance implications being the most important, apart from ride comfort and clearance.

Kuhmo - Tyres - Chris79
As far as I'm aware that is the original tyre size. It came like that a
Albeit as a second hand car but from a vauxhall garage and it has the vauxhall
Alloys that seem to be fairly std on corsa d 's judging by the amount of them I see.

I did think they were quite big wheels for the car, but have no reason to think they are non standard