VW Touareg 2.5 tdi SE - Battery Drain - frankton flyer

My 2006 Touareg is suffering unexplained battery drain after being left a couple of days without use. The battery is completely dead with even the clock stopped and the key unable to be removed from the ignition. The battery was replaced when tis was first a problem some 18 months ago but the problem persisted. VW dealer diagnostics say they cannot find a fault despite having been in to them four times. My roadside assistance company is now saying they will not come out to start - [too many call outs for the same problem]. Help!

VW Touareg 2.5 tdi SE - Battery Drain - Duncan112

Don't know how similar the electrics are but I had a similar problem with my Octavia diesel, the problem was water ingress into the cooling fan sensor connector causing the fan to run permenantly. Next time you leave the car after a run come back to it afterr about 10 mins and see if the fans have started. If this is the problem a revised part is available HTH

VW Touareg 2.5 tdi SE - Battery Drain - elekie&a/c doctor

"key unable to be removed from ignition".So does that mean you are leaving the key in ignition when car is not being used?This will cause the battery to run flat.hth