ford fiesta 2006 - air conditioning problem - mike-37
hi i've got a problem with my air conditioning . the air coming out is not very cold , so i thought it might need a top up , however on feeling the pipes leading from the unit one was warm and one was lovely and cold. the fan in the car is going and with the engine going there is a click , a dip in revs and a short whirr then a click and dip in revs and whirr every 3-4 secs , any ideas?
ford fiesta 2006 - air conditioning problem - elekie&a/c doctor

The cooling fan will run continuously with the a/c switched on.The clicking is the a/c compressor cutting in and out ,which it should do ,but I suspect the system needs re-charging as the refridgerant level is too low,and thus compressor is switching in/out too quickly.hth

ford fiesta 2006 - air conditioning problem - mike-37

The cooling fan will run continuously with the a/c switched on.The clicking is the a/c compressor cutting in and out ,which it should do ,but I suspect the system needs re-charging as the refridgerant level is too low,and thus compressor is switching in/out too quickly.hth

ok , well i had tried putting a pressure guage on the low port side , and it had read between 55-100psi , so i'd thought that the gas pressure was ok? , that and the pipe being cold

ford fiesta 2006 - air conditioning problem - injection doc

The constant clciking sounds like the system is "cycling" normally caused by low gas level.

as a rule of thumb When the gas is correct, the low side pipe should be sweating, almost straight away.