fiat bravo 1.6 2002 model - Hi folks please help me with strange fault FIAT - fool with a fiat

Hiya everyone please can anyone confirm my diagnosis, or had similar problem. My car has been running fine and used daily. Today I drove approximately 10 miles and stopped to get a drink etc. The car was parked for about 15mins and when I tried to restart, it was completely dead. Not even enough power to turn engine over. The battery was totally flat. I had some help to bump start it and got home no problem after a drive around to try to put a bit of juice back into battery. While driving the "engine management light was on constantly (after it wouldnt start) I have put multi meter on battery which reads 12.7volts when not running, 14.4volts when running and a very strange 8.3 volts when the ignition is turned on but engine not running. This tells me the alternator is working as voltage goes up to 14.4 when engine running. Also when I just turn ignition on the is a relay (i think) that is clicking away like mad (possibly trying to power up the fuel pump) Not sure but im guessing at that. I assume relay may be doing that due to battery being flat. I think the battery is knackered but would like input off anyone out there who has any ideas? Im getting a new battery in morning but dont want to pay out 80 quid if its not the solution. Please help

fiat bravo 1.6 2002 model - Hi folks please help me with strange fault FIAT - elekie&a/c doctor

Certainly looks like the battery is deceased.The charging voltage is fine.Should be able to get a reasonable battery for less than £80.Vauxhall dealers have a good deal on batteries.hth