Vauxhall Meriva A VXR - Vibration/knocking/rattling on acceleration - TappyVXR

I have an 06 Vauxhall Meriva VXR with 57k on the clock. I have a problem where ifI use more than 75% accelerator then a get a vibration resonating through the car, it appears to be coming from the engine bay. Both Vauxhall and an independent garage have had a look at the car and can find nothing obvious as to the cause. all engine mounts, CV joints etc appear to be fine. Also linked to this when accelerating and turning right (only right doesn't happen if turning left) i get a knocking/rattling noise as if something is loose in the engine bay. again neither garage can find anything obvious? i am at a loss as to what it could be or where to start ......

Vauxhall Meriva A VXR - Vibration/knocking/rattling on acceleration - Peter.N.

I would suggest that you have insufficient clearance between the engine/gearbox and the body, when you accelerate the engine twists on its mountings, the harder you accelerate the further it twists, it could also be the exhaust as that moves with the engine. If a visual inspection doesn't reveal anything try levering hard on the engine with it ticking over and see if you can reproduce the vibration. If its worse when turning right, that would displace the engine toward the left so try pushing in that direction first.