Peugeot 307 HDi 110 52 plate - Diesel additive at minimum level - bodace5

Hi all. The 'diesel additive at minimum level' has started to flash up on centre console. Ive read a few threads on here and i think i'm going to buy the refill kit and take it in to get the ecu reset. I'm a hgv mechanic and am i right in thinking its the same as an add-blue system on a wagon? Add-blue sysytems just inject add-blue (pig p***) into the exhaust cat to reduce emissions. My main question is if i leave it will the engine go into limp mode and could leaving it cause any damage? cheers, matthew

Peugeot 307 HDi 110 52 plate - Diesel additive at minimum level - dieselnut

The diesel adative required is Eolys, there are 2 different types so you'll have to check you get the correct one. Add-blue is a totally different system.

When I had a Citroen with this system I topped up the Eolys but didn't bother to get the system reset. It still pumped the fluid but gave the warning message at each start. It carried on working like that for the following year I had the car.

Usually when the fluid needs replenishing it is also time to clean the DPF, this will eventually need removing & jet-washing clean, or if your pockets are deep get an exchange one fitted.

If the Eolys runs out the DPF will block & engine will be in limp mode & eventually undriveable

must of posted at the same time but thanks for the advice. i think ill fill it up and just see how it goes. cheers

scrap that, ive just read this;

http://c-crosser.org/plugins/faq/faq.php?0.cat.1.8

completely different to add-blue systems and im guessing if i dont fill it up the cat or particulate filter will just fill up with soot and choke the engine aswell as put loads of fault codes up?

can anyone confirm which kit i need? im sure theres a small tank next to the diesel tank but peugeot put my reg in and say i need the bag kit which is £200. i think i just need the bottle kit which is £60

Peugeot 307 HDi 110 52 plate - Diesel additive at minimum level - Peter.N.

It can't be to different from My C5 which I have just topped up, I just bought a litre of fluid from ebay for about £35.00, you can put the warning off with a Lexia.

Peugeot 307 HDi 110 52 plate - Diesel additive at minimum level - Collos25

Lexia 3 is not recommended for either the 307 or C5 sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.I know peugeot use Planet and Citroen use something else and the two are not compatible.

Peugeot 307 HDi 110 52 plate - Diesel additive at minimum level - Peter.N.

Sorry, I use the term 'Lexia' generically, my Lexia also has Planet..

Peugeot 307 HDi 110 52 plate - Diesel additive at minimum level - hardway

Yes,there's two types of "ELOYs" fluid,what you need depends on the colour of the filler cap connection,black/white or black/green.they're not interchangable,you put in the wrong one and you'll need the other addative ECU as well.

I buy my fluid from my local motor factors,Peug's quoting £45/L and today's one took 4.5L to fill it up,factors price was £190 for black/green cap,£145 for black/white cap for 4.5L

Run the reset and job done,as long as the DPF filter in the exhaust isn't blocked of course..

so which colour cap is the bag type and which colour is the tank type?

good news ive taken the covers off from around the white tank and it looks full so im guessing i just need to get the ecu reset? just out of interest where abouts do you fill it up? ive got the back seats up and ive only found the diesel tank sender unit