Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 -1997 Airbag light flashes - mW90

What could be wrong, that the airbag light is flashing?

Or just go to Peugeot official dealer to take away this error?

Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 -1997 Airbag light flashes - Peter.N.

Check the plug under the drivers seat.

The plug is connected!

Even I took the airbag off.

Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 -1997 Airbag light flashes - Robin the Technician

This is a well known & well documented problem on the Peugeot. It requires the plugs to be cut from the harness under the seats and the wires reconnected & soldered back together (colour to colour - i.e red to red, orange to orange - colours given as an example). This is required on both drivers & passengers seat. This will cure the problem as it is the plug that is faulty. If you want full instructions, just search for my user name or the fault and full instructions can be found.

Hope this helps

Robin the Technician - I fix, therefore I am

I cant find instruction. Maybe you can give the link?

Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 -1997 Airbag light flashes - Robin the Technician

It looks like its gone as I couldn't find it either. It is as described above - just remove the plug under each seat by cutting the wires. Rejoin the wires (colour to colour) by soldering and the problem is solved. This was a Peugeot official fix. There is a fault somewhere with the plugs and this is the fix.

Hope this helps

Robin the Technician

Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 -1997 Airbag light flashes - Peter D

Disconnect the battery for 30 minutes before to start doing such things. If peugeot have issued a fix do they not put it right without charge. Regards Peter

Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 -1997 Airbag light flashes - dudi1972

Hi,

I have the same problem but i noticed that in my seats both wires where cut and solderd before so do i have to cut and rejoin them again??

Dudi

Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 -1997 Airbag light flashes - deano2281

hi i have a w reg 306 hdi it had the air bag light flashing since i bought it in 2009 but it was only a problem this year as it failed its mot because of it, I cut off the all the plugs under both seats and soldered the wires together, But it did not stop it flashing, So i took out all of the center console and under where the ash tray was there was two more plugs and like an ecu box with a connector on it so i unplgged all of them put them back together and that sorted it, Happy days.