mondeo 03 tdci automatic - glow plug warning light flashing again! - fairy

hi, im in need of the next suggestion - ....i have changed the camshaft position sensor and the fuel filter and now the fuel pump..r, as suggested by many people as a potential resolution, which has helped, but as soon as i go over 50mph going up hill, the warning light comes on. if i dont increase my speed, it just flashes with no impact on performance, and stopping/restarting resolves the problem.

however, if i go to overtake someone, the warning light comes on, i feel a sudden loss of power, and then it crawls to a stop, with the engine cutting out as it slows to around 20mph, so just coasting the last part. stopping and restarting resolves the problem, but as this normally happens on a dual carriage way, i cannot increase speed to get back on the carriage way easily without the same problem occuring.

It is chucking out huge amounts of black smoke now since the fuel pump was changed, redex has helped a bit, but not much, and still cuts out when going up long hills.

the fault codes the RAC found were P1211 and P0251.

what are peoples thoughts? what is next - EGR valve? or something else? thanks in advance

mondeo 03 tdci automatic - glow plug warning light flashing again! - Collos25

EGR valve or more than likely the electronic turbo actuator providing its not an early one with vacuum activation.

mondeo 03 tdci automatic - glow plug warning light flashing again! - fairy

Just to keep people updated.....fuel pump replaced...EGR blocked off....excellent MPG....but now black smoke, and failed injector!

given up, car is destined for the scrap heap...once i have had a long chat to Ford as they appear to have known about this fault on the 03 model, but did not recall it.

Ford are currently denying they knew of any fault with the pump/injectors, but i have heard of people getting them replaced FOC outside of warrenty - has anyone on here had sucess?