Vw passat - Heated seat melted seat? - herald
Hi I have a 2004 passat 1.9tdi, highline, last week I was driving with the heated seat on and the seat seems to have short circuited and burnt a hole the size of a cigarette burn in the leather and my jeans,
I have done a bit of Internet research and found this is a problem that has happened before on this model.

The car has full service with my local vw dealer, I know it is well out of warranty but feel this is a serious fault, after speaking to the dealer they initially said they will inspect the car and send a report to VW about a good will warranty repair, but now after speaking to VW they say due to the age and mileage of the car there is nothing they can offer me.

Am I expecting too much asking VW to sort it out?
Or should I take it further ?
Vw passat - Heated seat melted seat? - Collos25

An 8 year old car has an electrical problem I really do not think you have much chance.

Vw passat - Heated seat melted seat? - Hamsafar

There is a TSB for this and an extended warranty can be claimed under some circumstances. i recall the root cause is a fault in the regulator built into the switch in the dashboard.

Had a look on the net tonite and found a few links about Vw changing the seat pad under extended warranty on 9yr old cars. They have a recall in America and Canada but not Europe for the exact fault. Think I will ring Vw uk tomorrow see if I can get any joy
Cheers herald
Just an update spoke with VW uk today and they have raised a safety related warranty job, they have booked it into my local Vw dealer for drop of on Monday with a courtesy car for the duration of the repair. Pretty good service I think

Vw passat - Heated seat melted seat? - Collos25

Amazing well done