2008 VW Polo 1.2 Petrol - 2008 VW Polo shaking when idle - N12345

Relatively new car - 54km on the clock.About 6 months ago the car started to shake when it was idle, most noticeable when I was pulled up at traffic lights. Since then the shake has got noticeably worse. This all happens at a low rev, but on some occasions the revs will jump up and down from 10 to about 6 and continue this way until I pull off again.

My local mechanic tried a few things – replaced the coil pack a number of times – tested to see if it was the petrol injector but to no avail. When he plugs it in the computer says that there is a problem with the #2 cylinder firing. His final conclusion is that there is a problem with the car's compression and that it will be a big problem to try and fix. It’s hard to believe that is the case when the car is so new.

I have heard through various people that there was a known problem with the Polo range manufactured between 07 and 08 so if I bring it to a VW dealer they will know exactly what to do but that it will still be a big job to fix. Any idea’s what I should do next?

2008 VW Polo 1.2 Petrol - 2008 VW Polo shaking when idle - unthrottled

Ask him what the compression numbers were ie how bad cylinder 2's compression is. Are any other cylinders showing low compression? Could just be the head gasket. Does the car use coolant? Has the mechanic checked the emissions? Is there any oil being blown out of the dipstick etc etc?

2008 VW Polo 1.2 Petrol - 2008 VW Polo shaking when idle - hsd

I have a VW polo 1.4 Petrol 54 plate 70.00 mls. I bought it in June last year and have had it several times to garages but still left with it shaking when idle. What I am begining to realise is that when the weather is cold outside the car runs 90% good, but as the warmer weather comes back the car starts to run bad, the warmer it is the worse the car shakes. Strange!! What would cause this ?