Mazda 6 2.0 petrol TS2 - What car to get - Tally

I have a 2006 Mazda6 from new which has been great to drive/own minor cosmetic issues no mechanical problems but when its loaded with 2 adults 3 kids 16,12,10 it not exactly responsive done 50000 miles I have been happy with it but i think its nearly time to change but what to . I had a drive of a friends BMW 5 2.0 diesel and it was lovely to drive. I can see myself driving an automatic as its easier to drive but what to get ? any ideas please what Mondeo like do i get petrol or diesel i do 12000 miles a year

Mazda 6 2.0 petrol TS2 - What car to get - Avant

We'd need to know your budget to give you any useful advice.

Mazda 6 2.0 petrol TS2 - What car to get - Tally

Sorry prob about 14-15 k plus trade in, might be nearly new

Mazda 6 2.0 petrol TS2 - What car to get - Avant

You need something with a bit of zing but with room for 3 fast-growing children. At 12,000 a year you're on the borderline for a diesel being worth it, and what you might find useful in a diesel is the low-end torque that for all their reliability Japanese petrols in particular tend to lack.

You'd get a newer Mondeo or Skoda Superb or VW Passat (all with 2.0 diesels) than you would a BMW 5-series: if you look at the Skoda or VW make sure you get the 2009-onwards common-rail diesel engine. Avoid a Mazda 6 diesel like the plague - there are stories of expensive failure on here.

In your position I'd start with the Superb (huge amounts of legroom and lots of zing from the 2.0 TDI) but there will be more Mondeos to choose from and you could be very happy with one of those.

Mazda 6 2.0 petrol TS2 - What car to get - jamie745

Three kids is odd. Two makes sense, parents in the front, kids in the back. But three? Surely a seven seater should be considered to give everybody a bit of room.

Mazda 6 2.0 petrol TS2 - What car to get - unthrottled

Three kids is odd.

Offensive. There never used to comments of such a juvenile nature when people like me posted. I never post any more.

Surely a seven seater should be considered to give everybody a bit of room.

Ah, but think about it: 3 rows is odd. That means 2 in the front, 2 in the middle, and one relegated to the back row. This occupant will sit and seethe because he is ostracised from all the conversation in front of him and is forgotten about when sweets are handed round. Because there is no boot space he will also be covered with everyone else's luggage which is fair because he has the whole row to himself.

Mazda 6 2.0 petrol TS2 - What car to get - jamie745

Offensive. There never used to comments of such a juvenile nature when people like me posted. I never post any more.

As i believe the kids say these days....mega lolz.

Ah, but think about it: 3 rows is odd. That means 2 in the front, 2 in the middle, and one relegated to the back row.

Is that worse than being the one who's wedged in between the two older siblings on that middle seat-thats-not-a-seat which only serves to render the armrest redundant?

In any case this leaves the prospective vehicle buyer with a few options.

1) Try and convince the wife to have a fourth, therefore give the loner in the third row a playmate

2) Put the third up for adoption

3) Buy a Chrysler Grand Voyager

Mazda 6 2.0 petrol TS2 - What car to get - HandCart

Tally, do you want a saloon or a hatchback?

Superb is kind of both. Mondeo available as either.

S-Max might fit the bill.

Or even a C4 Picasso.

Mazda 6 2.0 petrol TS2 - What car to get - ChannelZ

any ideas please what Mondeo like do i get petrol or diesel i do 12000 miles a year

Pretty similar to the Mazda you have, as they're basically the same car. Up until recently, the petrol Mondeo used the exact same engine as your 6.

Very recently the Mondeo started to ship with the EcoBoost engine, which is a smaller turbocharged lump, far better than the old 2.0 MZR in both power and fuel economy.

12k a year is still in petrol territory, I don't think I'd fancy running a diesel unless you like getting particulate filters cleaned out or replaced every few years.

Mazda 6 2.0 petrol TS2 - What car to get - Bobbin Threadbare

I'd stick with petrol at 12k as well. I like Avant's suggestion of a diesel Skoda, but if I had a Mazda 6, liked it, and wanted to change it to carry all of those people, I'd buy a more powerful version of it...........

Mazda 6 2.0 petrol TS2 - What car to get - balleballe

Here here! How about a Mazda 6 MPS? :D

Mazda 6 2.0 petrol TS2 - What car to get - Bobbin Threadbare

Me me me I'll have one!! .............................If someone else is paying!! :-D