Autoroute Express? - drbe
Hi
I have been using Microsoft Autoroute Express - Great Britain 98, for some time. (It is a route planning bit of software on a cd)It is now getting a little bit out of date.

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement? I have tried the usual places - PC World etc, no luck.

Is it still in the same form, or is it combined with the Europe version? Any help or information would be appreciated.
Regards to all, drbe Don.
Autoroute Express? - Andrew-T
I use AA Milemaster which is updated every year and seems to cost around £30. 2002 version (which I don't have) claims to include postcodes as well. It comes up with some peculiar routes sometimes, but I expect they all have quirks. Ask again if you can't find it.
Autoroute Express? - Ben79
My Autoroute 97 thought that the M5 was near Manchester. It gave some peculiar route for me today.
Autoroute Express? - jc
If you had an official copy you should be able to download from the Microsoft website.
Autoroute Express? - DavidHM
Unless you have broadband, it's too big to download, even if it's actually on the website, which would surprise me. PC World definitely sells it - the 2003 version has been delayed though.

You can get it as part of Microsoft Worksuite 2003 (£119.99 including a free Epson C42 USB printer from PC World) although currently it's only the 2002 version with a shipping and handling only update to 2003 included in the box (about £16 more). Worksuite, wihtout the (excellent and cheap to run) printer is £91 from dabs.com, or on its own from them for £48. I don't know whether or not the Worksuite version from dabs.com is the 2002 or 2003 version of Autoroute out of the box.
If you don't want to pay, you can also go on the web (probably not such a good idea if you keep a laptop in your car though) and get routes for free from www.multimap.com or www.shellgeostar.com
Autoroute Express? - smokie
Microsoft also have an enhanced product called MapPoint - couldn't tell you about price or availability. I know our transport company use it for scheduling drop offs at many places per day, just by inoutting postcodes directly from Excel. it works out the cheapest/shortest etc routes very well.
Autoroute Express? - IanT
Autoroute GB & Europe 2003 (not Autoroute Express) should be available from most software suppliers, but just get you started, try www.amazon.co.uk where it is £39.99 plus P&P.

They also have Autoroute GB & Europe 2002 for £20.99 plus P&P.

2003 possibly includes more countries than 2002 (not sure), but neither will get you anywhere in Eastern Europe.

Ian
Autoroute Express? - smokie
Sorry, MapPoint is a bit dear for personal use at £186 in
www.dabs.com. They call it demographics software.
Autoroute Express? - drbe
Thanks to everyone who responded.
I am looking for a UK version. If it includes europe as well, so be it, but it is only Britain that I am interested in. I am grateful for all your efforts.
Regards drbe Don.
Autoroute Express? - Graeme
try kazaa p2p
So that'll be an illegal download of a complex executable of a couple of hundred megs that would take ages, even on broadband, be incomplete or might not work properly, and could contain viruses.

Just be glad you aren't going to be held legally liable for the consequences of your advice Graeme.
Autoroute Express? - volvod5_dude
drbe,

Try www.mappy.com I use it for planning routes in France but it also works for the UK and all of Europe. It's also free!

VD5D.
Autoroute Express? - PR {P}
I use www.viamichelin.com
There is also the facility to print a proper michelin map of the route, and its free!
Autoroute Express? - carlh
I saw the 2003 version in PC World at £49.99 so decided to buy Route 66 (Britain only) for £29.99 and I am pretty impressed. To me, it seems a little more user friendly than Autoroute and, I have not found any inaccuracies (yet!).

Carl.