Mazda 6 - Ex-mobility used car buying advice - adburns

Hi,

I have been looking at buying a used Mazda 6 and I went to view one today. It was pretty much what I was looking for but I was informed by the dealer that it was an ex-mobility vehicle.

For the age, the mileage stacks up but i'm wondering if I should be wary of an ex-mobility car?

I have read few things about altered mileage on used mobility cars, so i'm a bit worried. I am being overly cautious?

Thanks

Mazda 6 - Ex-mobility used car buying advice - balleballe

Wasn't a silver one with around 35k on the clock by any chance was it?

The way I see it there are pros and cons.

You know it hasnt been abused, but do you know if it's been cared for/maintaned well? How much do you think a motability individual is likely to know about breaking in engines etc?

Wasn't a silver one with around 35k on the clock by any chance was it?

The way I see it there are pros and cons.

You know it hasnt been abused, but do you know if it's been cared for/maintaned well? How much do you think a motability individual is likely to know about breaking in engines etc?

Thanks, Why do you ask?

Because there's one on autotrader that seems a good deal (was looking earlier on at new shape mazda 6's) - pity I hate silver cars though

Mazda 6 - Ex-mobility used car buying advice - Avant

If it's a petrol, it should be a good buy provided that it's got a full service history. Avoid Mazda diesels at all costs.

Edited by Avant on 11/03/2012 at 21:45

Mazda 6 - Ex-mobility used car buying advice - Bobbin Threadbare

I had an ex-Motability Focus. It was excellent - the service history was tiptop and the car had been very well looked after. That seems to be standard, as Motability have to maintain their 'fleet' well.

If it's a decent petrol one, I wouldn't shy away from it. I can vouch for the Mazda 6 being a great car as well ;-)

I thought the 6 was great - until I tried a 3! Much better in almost every aspect (besides stereo)

Still doesnt handle as well as the miata though

No it wasn't on Autotrader, its local to where I live. And yes, can't stand silver cars myself :)

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by adburns on 11/03/2012 at 22:22

Mazda 6 - Ex-mobility used car buying advice - ChannelZ

I got an ex-Motability Astra at 4 years old with 12k on the clock. By the time I was done with it, it was 6 years old with 50k on the clock.

It was a MY00 car, and I still see it driving about looking as fresh as the day I sold it. Must be well over 100k on it now.

I did nothing to it other than servicing and tyres while I had it.

I'd have no hesitation in buying another.

Mazda 6 - Ex-mobility used car buying advice - Bobbin Threadbare

I thought the 6 was great - until I tried a 3! Much better in almost every aspect (besides stereo)

Still doesnt handle as well as the miata though

Better?! I've not tried a 3. <adds it to list for potential next car....>

Mazda 6 - Ex-mobility used car buying advice - Zuave

The last three cars the wife has had (all Astras, all automatics, all petrol) have been ex mobility. All bought when the cars were sold-off by the Vauxhall dealer at 3 years old/1st MOT.

We will probably do the same again next time as we have had no particular issues at all with any..

Rgds

Zuave.

I have the saloon as I prefer the styling and the reviews state that it handles better than the hatch.

Much more grip than the 6 - more 'chuckable'

Less road noise

Although the interior is made from slightly cheaper materials - they seem to be put together far, far better

The electronic steering takes some getting used to though